1040+ Work/Volunteer Hours
Qualified applicants need 1040+ total hours of dietetics-related paid and/or volunteer work experience over the last five years.
Things to consider:
- To be eligible you need at least 1040 hours of experience.
- Be as specific as possible regarding dates and hours/week worked.
- Include the description of key responsibilities and if the job required leadership, flexibility, and self-direction.
- If you have had experience at a job that is only partially dietetics-related, include the percentage of time that is dietetics applicable. What percentage of time was really dietetic-related? If you do not provide us with these estimates, we must guess.
- Examples of Work & Volunteer Experience
- Hours required by your DPD program do not count as part of your 1040+ hours; however, you may include them on your application to reflect your overall experience if you would like to.
- Examine your past work experience critically. Often you have gained valuable skills that will benefit you in the dietetics world. Include these on your application!
© Copyright Utah State University, 2015. All Rights Reserved.